Through Royalties for Regions, the Department of Parks and Wildlife (DPaW) has received funding to upgrade the facilities at The Gap and Natural Bridge in Torndirrup National Park near Albany.
The updates include new lookout structures at The Gap and Natural Bridge, new site information and a new pathway network with full access for wheelchairs. The project is currently in detailed design with public tendering likely to occur in September through www.tenders.wa.gov.au
- Environmental surveys of dieback, flora and fauna have been completed.
- Aboriginal consultation has occurred.
- An engineering company has been engaged and a 3D Laser Survey completed
- Engineers have undertaken marine, civil, and geotechnical investigations.
- Interpretation planning is in progress.
- Concept design has been completed
- Detailed design is being finalised
Key stakeholder consultation and a community meeting were held in September 2012.
Further information sessions are planned for September 2013.