To apply for an event on lands and waters managed by the Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions, please download and fill out the appropriate application form. Attach all the accompanying documentation and maps together with the fees as detailed on the form (including a non-refundable application fee of $100) and post it to The Licensing Officer. The department will then contact you as your application proceeds through the assessment process and the approvals process.
To assist the department in completing the assessment process as soon as possible, the following is recommended when applying for an event:
- Provide as much detail with your application as possible. This should include:
- An event management plan detailing strategies for rubbish and waste removal, reducing the spread of weeds and pathogens (such as dieback), and for communicating the areas natural values to participants and spectators.
- Maps of the proposed areas at a scale of 1:50 000 indicating the proposed routes, spectator points and camping sites, and any mustering, changeover or transition points.
- A further detailed layout of each mustering, changeover or transition points indicating possible vehicle overflow areas for the maximum expected numbers.
- Detailed itinerary's and proposed advertising material
- Copy of the safety/emergency response plan and an environmental policy for your organisation.
- Assign a particular person in the organising team to be the contact person for department-related matters to ensure any issues can be addressed as soon as possible.